Sunday 27 February 2011

Kelly's 30th Birthday hat

I knitted my friend Kelly a hat for her 30th as I was too poor to get her anything, plus I hoped she'd think it had the personal touch, as time and effort had been put into making her present :) I know that Jo liked her woolly hat that I made her for Christmas :)


I knitted the hat from a pattern I got off Ravelry (I had knitted the hat twice before and think its great!) with a white wool and some 8 & 10mm needles (nice chunky ones!) 




One I'd finished the hat, there was still a couple of days until the party, so I thought I'd see if I could find a pattern for a flower that I could knit to the side of it. I found a lovely pattern and decided to get my bead box out to add a little extra to the hat.




Here is the finished hat...




I woke up the morning after the party to see Kelly had opened her hat present and posted a photo of her wearing it on Facebook :)







No comments:

Post a Comment