Sunday 27 February 2011

The Bear Hat

I saw a cute bear hat pattern in my Simply Knitting magazine and thought it would be a great present for my friend Siba's little girl Macie. I ordered the wool from the internet in the colours that the pattern specified. (I normally just get a similar wool I find in Hobbycraft) and quickly made a start on the hat once the wool had arrived.


I seem to have lost the photos of the bear hats in process! :( I took them on my old mobile and I sold that! d'oh!


Here is the gorgeous Macie in the hat I knitted for her:




I was then invited to Kirsty's son Samuel's first birthday party, so with all the wool left over I decided to knit him a bear hat, but with the colours reversed:




Then Kirsty kept going on about how she wanted a bear hat too, so for her birthday she also got a bear hat! I had to adjust the pattern to make it adult sized! My pattern can be found on the Ravelry website (for sale). I used a similar wool from Hobbycraft as there wasn't enough of the other wool left to make an adult sized hat.





No comments:

Post a Comment