Monday 12 September 2011

Quilting!! (I know its not knitting, BUT its my first proper attempt!)

I know this has nothing to do with knitting, but I am impressed with the outcome so decided to add it to this blog instead of my Creative Me blog :)

I brought a sewing machine some time ago now intending to do some quilting work with it (baring in mind that I hadn't used one since year 8 at school!). I finally brought some material on Friday (after finding a pattern that I wanted to follow) and as I had a weekend at home, I was keen to make a start on the reversible rag tote bag pattern that I found on the internet.

Here is one side of my finished bag. There is one join bottom left that is slightly out, but it is my first attempt, so let me off please? ;)


The second side marries up better :)


As I said, it is reversible... I chose blue and white for the inside.



And the other side...


I haven't used my bag yet or tested out how much weight it can hold. I am tempted to add a few extra stitches to hold the handles on, just in case!

I'm impressed with it anyways :) What do you think?

THEN on Sunday I decided to try a bit of freestyle quilting (without using a pattern!). Here is the sewing machine in action...


I made a little 'tidy' for putting bits and bobs in. My lounge colour scheme is red and white so this little tidy goes well in my lounge :)


No comments:

Post a Comment