Wednesday 8 June 2011

Knitting for my Niece Lydia

Before I knew whether my brother Paul was having a little girl or a little boy, I tried to find patterns that were a neutral colour and of course the bear hat came to mind! I found this dead cute pattern for 3-6 months as I was told not to knit her anything for 0-3 months as it is hot in Switzerland in the summer so I was looking at 3 months plus patterns.

I found this cute bear hat in the latest edition of my Simply knitting magazine.


So, I ordered the suggested wool in the colours that were suggested also and quickly knitted the cute little hat:


The ears were stuffing with the teddy stuffing material (I have forgetten the name of it!!! lol)


I was sent a picture of Lydia in the bear hat! :D Bless her, they put the hat on backwards! lol ;)


Of course, she needed some matching shoes to go with her hat, and I managed to find an ideal pattern on the internet! I used the same wool as I did for the hat :)


I knitted these as size 6-12 months I think (smallest size the pattern did).



Here is the whole set :)


They are a tad big for Lydia at the moment, but she'll grow into them :D


Lydia was due her first visit to England, so I got my knitting needles out and knitted her some baby Ugg boots:






A penguin as her Daddy (my brother) is a big penguin fan!


A cute little headband :)


And here I am with my niece looking super cute in her headband and she seemed to smile a lot at the penguin too :D



Here Lydia is in her Ugg boots! I think they are still a bit big for her though :P


Lydia had outgrown the headband I knitted her, so I asked her Mum Christelle what colours her dress for James & Kelly's wedding were so that I could knit her a pretty headband to compliment her pretty dress at the wedding :) I came up with this...









And her is Lydia wearing the headband. (How cute does she look?!) ;)





The little UGG booties now fit Lydia :D Heres a piccie...

No comments:

Post a Comment